• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high temperature near 76 degrees and a west wind 9 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 51. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 69 and Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 69.
• The dredging of North Sea Harbor Inlet began on Saturday and is expected to be completed by June 3, 2022. The purpose of the dredge is to reopen the inlet for boaters, which was experiencing safety issues because the water levels in some portions of the inlet had become too low for passage. Congressman Lee Zeldin’s office worked with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, and local officials to get the necessary permit approved and the dredge underway in time for the boating season.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss affordable housing initiatives, the town’s Coastal Assessment Resiliency Plan and pollinator gardens at the entrance to town hall at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss the proposed .5 percent Community Housing Fund up for public referendum this November at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special work session this Friday, May 20 at 11 a.m. to present the town’s affordable housing plan in advance of the proposed referendum this November. Here’s the agenda.
• The North Fork Environmental Council has announced it will be holding its 50th Anniversary Gala at Founders Landing in Southold on Sunday, July 24 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $100 and are available online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:25 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:33 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
Greenport: 12:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:26 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:49 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:56 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:35 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:44 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:27 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
Greenport: 12:19 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:17 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:14 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:41 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:48 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:30 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:39 a.m., 10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.