• We’re expecting partly sunny skies today, with a high near 58, isolated showers and a northeast wind 6 to 9 miles per hour, becoming north in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 62 and Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 62.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss Youth Bureau initiatives, Fishers Island issues, stormwater regulation requirements, electrical inspections and county-wide shared services initiatives at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold public hearings on animal regulations, carter permits and changes to the town’s wetlands and shorelines code at their 7:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a downtown Montauk circulator bus service, the Montauk Playhouse, parking on Edgemere Road, septic upgrade legislation and taxi code revisions at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on several CPF land acquisition proposals and establishing the position of police commissioner at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss implementation of their short term rental law and the town’s deer management program at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• This week, we welcome the addition of Michael Daly’s new column, “The Homestead,” about community issues. This month’s topic: Love Yer Elders.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:42 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Greenport: 10:19 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:21 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:14 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:41 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:48 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:59 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:24 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:32 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
Greenport: 11:01 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:56 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:01 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:40 a.m., 8 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.