This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.10.21
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 78 degrees and an east wind 7 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 56. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 73 and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
• The Southampton Arts Center presents a film screening of “Living Soil: Regenerative Agricultural Practices” this evening at 7 p.m., followed by a panel discussion with the Peconic Land Trust and local farmers. Here’s more info.
• The Rites of Spring New Music Ensemble will perform a concert of contemporary music under the stars at Custer Institute Observatory in Southold on Saturday, June 12 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $45. Visit custerobservatory.org for tickets.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear an update on the EPCAL land transfer, “matters surrounding the adequacy of the 2021 budget” and the May police report at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a draft solar code and additional locations for the town’s bike share program at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on Sea-TV.
• Suffolk County reported 26 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, June 8, with 0.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 62 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 16 of them in ICU. There were no new fatalities, and the death toll from the virus here stands at 3,398 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:51 a.m., 11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Greenport: 11:28 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:23 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:18 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:25 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:54 a.m., 9:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:03 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:36 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:44 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Greenport: 12:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:26 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:59 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:06 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:34 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:43 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.