This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.28.22
• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 82 degrees and a west wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 53. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy through mid-morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 82 and a calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 miles per hour in the afternoon. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 84.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will hear a presentation on its housing plan in the works; on drought recommendations and on a security scanner for town justice court at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on use of CPF money for water quality projects; on the town’s housing plan and community housing fund, and on several potential land acquisitions at its 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Sag Harbor Village Board will hold a special meeting to discuss a proposed 79-unit affordable housing project on Bridge and Rose streets on Friday, July 1 at 10 a.m. at the village municipal building at 55 Main Street in Sag Harbor. The public is welcome to attend.
• Mean Gene & The Flamethrowers perform the first free concert of the summer season on the East Quogue Green at the corner of Lewis Road and Montauk Highway this evening at 7 p.m. — bring a blanket or folding chairs. All are welcome to attend.
• It’s not too soon to start planning your parade-going and fireworks-watching for the coming Fourth of July Weekend. Get all the details in our Events Calendar.
• Today’s the last day to subscribe online to receive the July print edition of the Beacon through the U.S. Mail. You’ll read many of these stories in print before you find them here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do! Here’s how to subscribe.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:16 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:24 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Greenport: 10:53 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:55 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:48 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:26 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:35 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:01 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:09 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
Greenport: 11:38 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:33 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:29 a.m., 1 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:36 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:08 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:17 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.