This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.3.19
Above: At Custer, Southold
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 71 degrees and a west wind 8 to 15 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 28 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 45. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 68. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 75, and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center will host a conversation on Alzheimer’s Disease and Communities of Color titled “Break The Silence, Break the Stigma: Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia” tomorrow, June 4 from 6 to 8 p.m. More details are online here.
• The annual Artists Against Abuse gala to benefit The Retreat will be held next Saturday, June 8, at The Muses in Southampton. Bidding is now open here for works of art to be auctioned off that evening.
• The Accabonac Protection Committee, whose mission is to protect, enhance and restore the ecological integrity of Accabonac Harbor, and its watershed, has announced it will present three public forums during the summer season of 2019. The first, on the health of Accabonac Harbor, will be held on Wednesday, June 12. More details are online here.
• This June 15 marks the 40th annual Shelter Island 10K, a world-class race known for its scenic beauty. There’s still time to register! More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:37 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:45 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Greenport: 11:14 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:09 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:03 a.m., 12:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:10 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:43 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:52 a.m., 8 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:22 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:30 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Greenport: 11:59 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:19 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:54 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:44 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:51 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:28 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:37 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.