This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.7.21
• We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m. today, with otherwise sunny skies and a high near 85, with a south wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of overnight showers and thunderstorms, with a low around 62. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Tuesday, mainly after 9 a.m., with partly sunny skies and a high near 82. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 85.
• Suffolk County Legislator Kara Hahn has thrown her hat in the ring to run for the Democratic nomination for the East End’s First Congressional District seat next year, joining her fellow legislator, Bridget Fleming of the South Fork, in seeking the seat held by Republican Lee Zeldin, who is running for governor of New York State. Here’s Ms. Hahn’s announcement:
• The Riverhead Anti-Bias Task Force will present Synergy; an open conversation between Riverhead residents and members of the Riverhead Police Department this evening at 7 p.m. Email Moore@TownofRiverheadNY.gov for the link. Here’s more info.
• The North Fork Environmental Council will hold a Zoom program with environmentalist Kevin McAllister, “An Overview of Coastal Processes, Interventions and Adaptation” on Wednesday, June 9 at 6:30 p.m. Here’s more info.
• Suffolk County reported just 23 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, June 5, with 0.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 76 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 19 of them in ICU. The county reported no new deaths, and the death toll here from the virus stands at 3,396 people. As of Sunday, June 6, 56 percent of Suffolk residents had received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, with 48.2 percent of residents having received a complete vaccine series.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:52 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
Greenport: 9:21 a.m., 9:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:20 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:16 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:43 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:50 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:46 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:55 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:25 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:33 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
Greenport: 10:02 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:57 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:24 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:31 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:31 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:40 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.