• Today will be partly sunny, with a high temperature near 86 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m., with a south wind 7 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 69. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 87 and patchy fog before 8 a.m. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 86 degrees and showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after noon.
• Long Island will enter Phase 4 of reopening today, which means the size limit on public gatherings will rise from 25 to 50 people. Higher education, low-risk indoor and outdoor arts and entertainment, media production and professional sporting events with no spectators can take place in Phase 4, and churches are allowed to operate at 33 percent capacity instead of 25 percent. The Long Island Aquarium and the Long Island Game Farm are slated to open today, “a significant milestone and a huge step forward” according to Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone.
• Suffolk County reported 45 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending July 7, with 50 people hospitalized (a decrease of seven), nine patients in ICU (a decrease of five), four people discharged from hospitals and four new hospital admissions. One more person has died here from the virus, bringing the county’s death toll to 1,985.
• Northwell Health is conducting free Covid-19 antibody testing at St. Agnes R.C. Church’s Parish Center in Greenport next Monday, July 13 through Friday, July 17 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You must pre-register to get tested by calling 833.422.7369.
• Drive-in movies across the East End continue this evening with a Hamptons International Film Festival screening of “Relic” at the Hayground School in Bridgehampton at sunset. Tickets are $50 per car and are available online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center has opened a Shopify store to highlight works by the local artists in its “Takeover 2020!” show, which couldn’t be viewed by the public for much of this spring’s Covid-19 shutdown.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:31 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:11 p.m.
Greenport: 1:08 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:02 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:30 a.m., 3:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:37 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:28 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:27 a.m., 1 p.m.
Greenport: 1:56 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:49 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:18 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:25 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:31 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:18 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.