This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.14.19
• There’s 20 percent chance of showers today, with patchy fog before 8 a.m., mostly cloudy skies, and a high near 78. A calm wind will become northeast at 5 to 7 miles per hour later in the morning. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers this evening before 11 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies overnight and a low around 64. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 76. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 79.
• Sag Harbor’s Long Wharf is expected to get a facelift this fall, with more space for the public to gather at the end of the wharf, and new safety fencing around its perimeter. Get the details in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• With a ceremonial groundbreaking on Tuesday, construction has begun on a $24 million workforce housing development in Amagansett. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Sherrilyn Ifill, President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, will speak at the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center’s Thinking Forward Lecture Series this evening at 6 p.m. at East Hampton’s Guild Hall. Admission is free. More details are online here.
• The Plastic Reduction & Elimination Project of the North Fork will meet this evening at 6 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. All are welcome to come learn what they can do to help reduce plastic pollution on the North Fork.
• Southampton Town will hold a public hearing on a revised petition for the incorporation of a Village of East Quogue this evening at 6 p.m. at the East Quogue Fire Department at 465 Montauk Highway in East Quogue. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society’s “Tuesdays with Tom” is taking a special trip next Tuesday, Aug. 20 to the Jamaica Bay National Wildlife Refuge. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:51 a.m., 10:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:59 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Greenport: 10:28 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11;30 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:23 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:50 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:57 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:05 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:14 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:33 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:41 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Greenport: 11:10 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:05 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:08 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:15 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:47 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:56 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.