• Today will be sunny, with a high near 82 degrees and a northeast wind 5 to 7 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 62. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Thursday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 80.
• Southampton Town is hosting a Peak Power Hour at Long Beach in Sag Harbor this afternoon, Aug. 30, from 4 to 6 p.m. The event is titled “Go Fly a Kite” and the first 50 attendees will receive free kites from the town. The event is designed to get people to turn up their thermostats and leave the house for a couple hours of recreation during peak utility usage times on hot summer days. More information is online here.
• Peconic Landing’s free Wellness Series continues this afternoon at 4 p.m. with a seminar by Board Certified Breast Surgeon Susan H. Lee titled “Breast Health and YOU. More information is online here.
• The East Marion Community Association has prepared an online survey to get input from members of the community on what they’d like to see included in the East Marion section of Southold Town’s Comprehensive Plan.
• Singer-songwriter Donovan will perform a special benefit concert for the “Donovan Children’s Fund”—a division of the David Lynch Foundation—which brings Transcendental Meditation techniques to at-risk schoolchildren, tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Tickets range from $49.50 to $199.50. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 7:58 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Orient: 8:59 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
GPT: 9:27 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:22 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:56 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 6:20 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 8:43 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Orient: 9:44 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
GPT: 10:12 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:07 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:41 a.m.
Shinn. In.: 7:07 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.