Pictured Above: Swept Away, a happening at the edge of the tide sponsored by Guild Hall at East Hampton’s Main Beach, continues for a second weekend this Saturday, Sept. 17. Here’s more info. | Rossa Cole photo for Guild Hall.
• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 76 degrees and a west wind around 8 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 59. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 83.
• Hallockville Museum Farm’s 41st Annual Country Fair will be held Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., with wagon and pony rides, a food competition, a farmer’s market, homemade baked goods and handcrafted wares for sale. Here’s more info.
• Quail Hill Farm on Deep Lane in Amagansett hosts “Exploring Chinese Medicinal Herbs with Scott Chaskey” on Saturday at 10 a.m. Quail Hill has an ongoing trial of growing herbs predominantly imported from China, used by 20,000 medical practitioners throughout the country. More info is at peconiclandtrust.org
• Fred Gardaphe speaks on “Grapes & Concrete: Steinbeck’s representations of Italians, and Pietro Di Donato’s “Christ in Concrete,” both published in 1939, at Canio’s Books, 290 Main Street in Sag Harbor on Saturday at 5 p.m. More info is at canios.wordpress.com.
• The Surfrider Eastern Long Island Chapter will hold its 19th annual Surf Movie Night at the Southampton Arts Center this Saturday from 4 to 9 p.m. Here’s more info.
• The Arts Center at Duck Creek in East Hampton holds two back-to-back events featuring composer, saxophonist, and artivist Caroline Davis on Sunday beginning at 4 p.m. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:41 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:49 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Greenport: 3:18 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:16 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:13 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:40 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:47 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:53 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:02 a.m., 12:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:40 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:48 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Greenport: 4:17 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:10 a.m., 5:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:12 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:39 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:46 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:45 a.m., 3:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:54 a.m., 1:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.