• Skies will gradually clear today, with a high temperature near 75 degrees and a west wind 5 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 48. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 71, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 70.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss 2023 Community Development Block Grant projects and Community Preservation Fund procedures at its 3 p.m. work session this afternoon, followed by a 6 p.m. regular meeting at which they’re expected to schedule an Oct. 18 public hearing on their Community Housing Plan. The Oct. 18 hearing would be at 6:30 p.m. Here’s more info.
• The Riverhead Town Board holds a special meeting of its Community Development Agency this evening at 6 p.m. for a public hearing on whether Georgica Green Ventures is qualified and eligible to work as master developer on the town’s proposed revitalization of the area surrounding the Riverhead Long Island Rail Road Station. Here’s how to log in via Zoom.
• The Southampton Town Board continues its public hearing on the proposed Community Preservation Fund purchase of the former Seven Zs property in Flanders at its 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on Sea-TV’s YouTube channel.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage, has worked up some great dishes to provide a last hurrah for summer corn and peaches. Get the recipes here.
• Today’s the last day to subscribe online to receive The Beacon’s October print edition via U.S. Mail — you’ll read much of our coverage in print before you find it online, and our print edition supports much of the work we do. Subscribe online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:26 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:34 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Greenport: 12:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:38 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:58 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1:05 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:12 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:31 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:40 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:13 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
Greenport: 12:22 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:44 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:51 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:09 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:18 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.