• Today will be sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a north wind 5 to 8 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 64. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Wednesday, with mostly sunny skies and a high near 81. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Thursday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 73.
• A severe thunderstorm spawned a weak EF0 tornado in Manorville from 4:33 to 4:38 p.m. yesterday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. The tornado first touched down on Dayton Street, sheering large tree limbs and the tops off dozens of trees, while uprooting at least a dozen shallow rooted trees and downing several electric poles, according to NWS. It then continued northeast on Rosewood Street, and then across South Street before crossing the Long Island Expressway and lifting at the Exit 69 interchange. Residents reported a shed was destroyed, several windows were broken and shingles and siding were ripped off by the quick-moving storm. No injures were reported.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss revisions to the town code regarding updates to the sanitary system rebate program and solar installations at its 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. Here’s their agenda.
• An eBay auction to benefit the Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center went live on Aug. 28 and will end on Sept. 4, with a village-wide party this afternoon, Sept. 3, to celebrate Tumbleweed Tuesday. More details are online here.
• The 3Bs will perform at this year’s Tumbleweed Tuesday concert on the Montauk Green from 3 to 6 p.m.
• The Plastic Reduction and Elimination Project of the North Fork meets tomorrow, Sept. 4 at 6:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. All are welcome.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:11 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:19 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Greenport: 1:48 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:48 a.m., 3:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:43 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:10 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:17 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:25 a.m., 1:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:10 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:07 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:15 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Greenport: 2:44 a.m., 3:!6 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:43 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:39 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:06 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:13 a.m., 4:45 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:20 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.