This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.16.20
• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers before 8 a.m. today, with gradually clearing skies and a high temperature near 48 degrees. It will be windy, with a southwest wind 7 to 12 miles per hour, becoming northwest 19 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. We’re under a wind advisory from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. today. It will be partly cloudy and blustery overnight, with a low around 19. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 29. Snow is likely Saturday between 1 and 3 p.m., turning to rain after 3 p.m., with a high near 41 degrees. New snow accumulation of less than one inch is possible.
• The Town of Shelter Island is hosting a community blood drive from 2 to 8 p.m. today at the American Legion Post/Youth Center at 1 Bateman Road.
• Today’s Riverhead Town Board work session has been cancelled. The agenda for Southampton Town’s 10 a.m. work session is expected to be posted online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on revisions to the town’s music entertainment permit and on adding two properties in the Northwest Woods and Springs to its CPF acquisition project plan at its 6:30 p.m. meeting at town hall this evening.
• Progressive East End Reformers hosts members of the Shinnecock Nation for a panel discussion on the film “Conscience Point” this evening at 6:30 at the Bridgehampton National Bank’s community room. More details are online here.
• The Hampton Theatre Company’s production of “Admissions” opens this evening at the Quogue Community Hall. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:57 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:02 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Greenport: 2:31 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:24 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:26 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:53 a.m., 4:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:11 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:32 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:55 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:03 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Greenport: 3:32 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:22 a.m., 4:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:27 a.m., 3:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:54 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:01 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:07 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:16 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.