• We’re expecting areas of fog before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high temperature near 69 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy with scattered fog tonight, with a steady temperature around 60. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers Wednesday, mainly after noon. We’re expecting showers on Thursday, with the temperature falling to around 58 by 5 p.m.
• Suffolk County reported a big spike of new Covid-19 cases in the 24 hours ending Monday, with 324 new cases and 3.8 percent of people tested testing positive. The positivity rate tipped above 2 percent over the weekend for the first time in months, and this is the highest new positive rate since the first wave here this spring. The county reported 60 people were hospitalized with the virus Monday, with seven of them in ICU, with no new fatalities, keeping the death toll here to 2,022.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss potential legislation regarding open loop geothermal systems, leaf blower restrictions, fleet car efficiency and the historic landmark designation for Second House in Montauk at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda.
• The Southampton Town Board holds numerous public hearings at its 1 p.m. meeting today, including on the 2021 budget, consideration of CPF water quality projects and priorities for Community Development Block Grant Funding. Here’s the agenda.
• The Accabonac Protection Committee will hold a Zoom forum on river otters and backyard birding with speakers Mike Bottini and Bruce Horwith this evening, Nov. 10 at 6 p.m. Registration is online here.
• The Riverhead Free Library is hosting a flu vaccine clinic on Thursday, Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. No one will be turned away due to lack of insurance or ability to pay. The clinic will take place in Sun River Health’s state-of-the-art mobile health center. To make an appointment, call 845-570-3027.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:12 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:20 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Greenport: 5:49 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:29 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:44 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:11 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:18 a.m., 7:37 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:04 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:13 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:02 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:10 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
Greenport: 6:39 a.m., 6:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:24 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:01 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:08 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:04 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:13 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.