• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 70 degrees and a 30 percent chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 58 and a 70 percent chance of showers. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76 anc a 30 percent chance of early morning showers. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear a report from the Downtown Revitalization Committee, information about this year’s Art in the Park installation and hear an annual presentation of the MS4 Stormwater Certification Report at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a closed executive session to discuss acquisitions and legal advice at its 10 a.m. meeting this morning.
• Environmental Advocates of New York will host an informative discussion about Long Island’s drinking water this evening at 5:30 p.m. at the Suffolk County Community College’s Culinary Arts Center. More details are online here.
• Tonight is the first night of closing weekend of the North Fork Community Theatre’s production of “The Drowsy Chaperone,” which continues through Sunday in Mattituck, while the second of three weekends of the Hampton Theatre Company’s “Private Lives” also kicks off this evening.
• Poets & Writers magazine, based in New York City, is bringing festivities to Peconic Landing in Greenport this Sunday for a celebration of young women poets from the region. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:57 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Greenport: 8:26 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:11 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:21 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:48 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:55 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:37 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:46 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:13 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:40 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
Greenport: 9:09 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:58 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:04 a.m., 9:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:31 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:38 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:28 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:37 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.