• Today will be sunny, with a high near 82 degrees and a light and variable wind, becoming southeast 5 to 10 miles per hour in the morning. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 53. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms Saturday, mainly after 2 p.m., but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 78. We’re expecting a 60 percent chance of rain on Sunday, mainly before noon, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 82.
• Our culinary experts at The Peconic Dish returns this month with some great ideas for a summer steak barbecue.
• More than 200 original Haitian paintings and a vast array of unique handcrafts will be available for sale at Sag Harbor’s Christ Episcopal Church, which is hosting its 6th Haitian Art & Handcraft Sale today through Sunday. More details are online here.
• The Mattituck Greek Festival is this Saturday and Sunday. More details are online here.
• William Shakespeare’s “Romeo & Juliet” comes to Shelter Island’s Sylvester Manor this weekend, with performances Saturday and Sunday at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in The Beacon’s Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:34 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:42 a.m., 4:21 p.m.
Greenport: 5:11 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:06 a.m., 6:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:06 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:33 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:40 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:34 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:43 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:39 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:47 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Greenport: 6:16 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7″06 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:11 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:38 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:45 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:28 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:37 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.