• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after 10 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 45 degrees and a northwest wind 10 to 16 miles per hour. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 32. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 50, and Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 57 and a 40 percent chance of showers after noon.
• One mission of the League of Women Voters of the Hamptons is to engage aspiring teenage female leaders with the inspiring stories of local elected women, and this year, they’re encouraging what might be an even more personal reason for them to engage in the political process: As of Jan. 1, 2020, teenagers young as 16 in New York will be allowed to pre-register to vote once they turn 18. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Beginning January 13, 2020 riders on the South Fork Commuter Connection will no longer pay the additional one dollar charge for bus service. More details are online here.
• Tomorrow is the Great American Smokeout. If you’re still smoking, here are some ideas for how to find a way to quit.
• Climate Reality Amplified, a multi-media musical presentation, will be shown and discussed at the Montauk Library tomorrow, Nov. 21 at 5 p.m. During a 24 hour period, from November 20 to November 21, 2019, the world will be talking about climate change and what people can do about it. This singular global event, entitled 24 Hours of Reality: Truth in Action, is intended to be an international conversation about the climate crisis. More details are online here.
• The Greenport Community Association will hold a zoning forum titled “How Will Greenport’s Zoning Code Shape Our Future” on Sunday, Nov. 24 at 2:30 p.m. at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library at 539 First Street. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:44 a.m., 4:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:52 a.m., 3:14 p.m.
Greenport: 4:21 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:09 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:16 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:43 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:50 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:47 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:56 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:47 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:55 a.m., 4:18 p.m.
Greenport: 5:24 a.m., 5:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:10 a.m., 6:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:19 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:46 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:53 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:48 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:57 a.m., 2:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.