This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.28.18
• We’re expecting rain and possibly a thunderstorm before noon today, then scattered showers after noon, with a steady temperature around 63 degrees and an east wind 13 to 15 miles per hour, becoming north in the afternoon. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 54. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 73 degrees, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 68.
• Our Between the Lines columnist, Tim Kelly, takes us for a walk this week down the path of sum, er, “must see” movies in this month’s column: “The Critics Hate This Movie, So We Gotta See It.”
• The Beacon’s October edition is hitting newsstands later today. Pick up a copy at one of these retailers! You’ll read many of our stories in print before you find them online.
• The San Gennaro Feast of the Hamptons begins with a dance party under a big tent with the band Night Work tonight at 6:30 p.m. The festival continues through the weekend, with Grucci fireworks tomorrow, Saturday, Sept. 29 at 8:15 p.m.
• The Flanders Fire Department will hold its 70th Anniversary parade tomorrow, Sept. 29 on Flanders Road, which will be closing at 3 p.m. for the duration of the parade. Attendees are invited to a community party afterward at the Flanders Men’s Club behind the Big Duck. Anyone passing through Flanders can use Route 105, Route 104 and Pleasure Drive to travel between the Hamptons and Riverhead.
• The Sag Harbor American Music Festival is also this weekend, with local acts, mostly free, playing at venues throughout the village. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Writers Group will read from the second volume of its “Seven Voices” Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m. at the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library.
• More details on events this weekend and beyond can be found in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:23 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:49 a.m.
Greenport: 1 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:54 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:22 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:29 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:35 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:44 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:06 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:14 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Greenport: 1:43 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:38 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:38 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:05 a.m., 3:23 a.m.
South Jamesport: 3:12 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:04 a.m., 12:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:29 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.