• Today will be partly sunny, with a high temperature near 83 degrees and a west wind 3 to 5 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 70 and a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 85 and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 79.
• The Suffolk County Legislature’s Ways & Means Committee will be asking questions on the process of voting in the Nov. 3 general election of Suffolk County Elections Commissioners Anita Katz and Nick LaLotta this afternoon at 1 p.m. The live feed from the meeting is scheduled to be online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board, which is considering a 12-month moratorium on considering solar farm applications after two major projects were proposed in the past year, heard concerns from several residents about the impact the installations are having at its Sept. 1 public hearing on the moratorium. Here’s our full story.
• Registration is still open for the Neo-Political Cowgirls’ annual Andromeda’s Sisters arts and advocacy forum, to be held virtually this evening at 5 p.m. Here are more details.
• The final installment of downtown Riverhead’s “Dine on 25” outdoor dining series will be this evening from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. — this additional date was added due to rain on a Dine on 25 evening earlier this summer.
• CAST’s monthly Movie Night is tonight at Peconic Bay Winery in Cutchogue. Tonight’s movie is “Dirty Dancing.” Gates open at 7 p.m. and the movie is at 8 p.m. Tickets are $50 per car, benefitting CAST’s community services, including a food pantry that has been in high demand due to the pandemic. Get tickets online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:17 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:25 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Greenport: 11:54 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:32 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:49 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:55 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:02 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:33 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:42 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: Noon
Montauk Harbor: 11:08 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Greenport: 12:14 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:11 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:09 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:36 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:43 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:11 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:20 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.